Monday, June 17, 2013

Confession Time




I have a serious confession.  Leading up to this move......Sponge Bob was my babysitter.  Little Remi had an addiction to that yellow, porous, undersea critter that was so bad I thought we were going to have to start a 12 step program.  I figured we would have withdrawals once we moved into the RV similar to those of an opiate addict.  I was wrong.  Remi has been serving everyone small cars and saying they are chicken nuggets, playing baby doctor, pretending we live in an ice cream truck and coloring like a mad woman.  I am blown away by the imagination this child possesses.  What a blessing that Nickelodeon and bad parenting choices did not ruin my sweet girls brain!  

Jason and I had made the decision to not have TV for the time being so we could really focus on Jesus, family, and prepare our hearts to be missionaries in North America.  Now, don't get me wrong, the kids watch DVD's on the laptop and Netflix on the iPod.  We are not THAT crazy!  I don't miss my babysitter (too much) and I feel like I know my kids better now than ever.  So not a bad trade off!  I love the idea of a TV fast.  Anyone try it before?  What were the results in your family?


No comments:

Post a Comment