Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Babies!

Babies, babies, babies!  It seems like everyone is talking about babies.  I have a good friend who gave birth Friday, another giving birth in September, and numerous friends undergoing the adoption process (Praise Jesus!). Let's not forget  the birth of the newest royal prince!   There is one thing so wonderful about the smell of a new baby and the anticipation of bringing a new family member in.  I have brought home both biological and adoptive children.  The miracle of both is incredible. 

Most people understand the process of giving birth but, the process of adoption is full of the wildest range of emotions. Our two youngest blessings came to us via adoption and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that they were created by our Heavenly Father to placed in our care.  

When we first started down the path, I was not as sure as I am now.  I was worried that my heart was not going to look at that beautiful baby and fall instantly in love like I did with the girls that I birthed.  Boy, was I wrong.  I am so in love with them!  I get really hurt when people ask, "Who is their real mom?" Questions like that cut me to the core.  I am their real mom!  Those girls were created to be mine!  My two littles share a birth mother and people often say how great it is that they have a sister to share their life with.  Okay, since I am a nice person, I usually nod and smile, but inside I am screaming that they have other sisters to share their life with and a mom, dad, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends, and church family too!    Okay, April, calm down....

Anyway, my whole point of talking about babies is to remember the baby that was given to the world by virgin birth to save us.  The PRINCE of peace!  He allowed us to be adopted in to His family and we are now sons and daughters of our Father in heaven!  Jesus is now sitting at the right hand of God interceding on our behalf.  On our behalf?!?!  Crazy right?  He loves us so much more than an earthly father could ever love his child.  

...just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.  In love He predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of His will...
Ephesians 1:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment